Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A very nice CPU/GPU/mobile benchmark website

www.cpubenchmark.net
It's a website currently having >35,000 types of CPU tested.
The database is perfect to me as I am the one who likes to compare apple to orange, durian to pineapple. Why am I talking like that?

This is because there are a lot types of processors for different end-usages. Some are designed for high performance like i7 and i5, mediocre like i3, low cost and TDP like atom, and of course, AMD products in competition.

In this new age of technology and processors, we cannot just compare the products according to clock rate it supports - An Intel Pentium IV 1.8GHz processor is lost to Intel Pentium III 933MHz. From this website, I can find out almost every single processor I know (I think excluding Pentium III lower than 533MHz, and below).

From here, I know my beloved Atom Cederview D2700 processor performance (848) is slightly below than Intel Dual-Core T2400 processor (884). Seems good. Hopefully it supports DotA2 well in terms of CPU performance.

For GPU, that ASUS lamborghini notebook's GPU Radeon HD 6470M is rated as high-end. That's whoa! So, so unexpected. That ASUS lamborghini VX6S wins every atom models for the time being, especially in GPU field - that's how many times the performance of AMD Fusion E450/350, Nvidia Ion, and Intel GMA.

No comments:

Post a Comment